How to Control Home Gadgets with Alexa App?
If you were able to just sit on a couch comfortably, and still get things done with a command, how good would it be? And to fulfil that dream, the amazon has launched its virtual assistant artificial intelligence technology, Alexa app.
Alexa is a voice command virtual assistant, that communicates with the user through Echo, a smart speaker. You can wake Alexa once you connect echo to the wifi. You just have to use the wake word. Alexa is available in all the major languages like English, Spanish, French, Hindi, etc.
Here is the step by step procedure to help you control your smart devices using Alexa app
- Connect your Echo device to a power plug. Now the echo will light up to indicate its powered on.
- Download the Alexa app from the play store or the app store based on your device. Alexa app can be downloaded for free.
- Now go to Alexa login and enter your Id and password to log in. If you are a new user, then set up your account.
- Connect Echo to WiFi.
- Once the echo setup is over, go to settings in the navigation panel on the left side of the screen.
- It will display a list of options. In that select set up a new device. Alexa will search for all the wifi-enabled smart devices.
- Select the devices you want to control by pressing the add button.
Use your Voice to Give Command to Alexa
- You can also group one or more devices. Go to smart home option in the Alexa home page. You will have a group header. Select a smart homegroup from the header. Name the group and add the devices you want in that group. And then click the Save button. For example, you may have a set of Philips hue lights in every room. Each light is registered as an individual device in Alexa. However, you can create a group called bedroom and join all the lights in the bedroom to the group. Now you can control it collectively. You can just say ‘Alexa, turn on the bedroom lights’.
- In addition to the devices, you can add many skills to Alexa. In the upper left side of the screen, there is a skill button. Once pressed it will list a number of skills supported by the Alexa. Select the skill you want to be performed. For example, you can lock your smart lock, send a message to another echo device, order food from supported companies like dominos, pizza hut, etc., play background music, adjust the temperature through a smart thermostat, etc. All you have to do is enable the skill to perform these actions.
- Once all the smart devices are connected and the skills enabled, you will be able to control your smart home gadgets using Alexa.
Alexa App is Userful for your Home
Alexa works on the Internet of Things technology. It is the most emerging field of the future. Alexa lets you control all the smart devices just through a voice command. It opens a lot of possibilities for the users.
They can be assisted in their real-life things like getting accurate math, science answers while teaching their kids, watch their security camera on command, set up good ambience in their home by controlling the music, lighting and the temperature.
More and more companies are moving towards smart devices because they know it’s the future. So update your home with smart devices that you can control with Alexa.